Friday, March 11, 2011

We did a few things on our garden this past week. I fertilized my perennials. This needs to be done once a year, preferably when snow will dissolve it. Mix 30-10-10 (Miracle Grow) 1/3 quart, with 1/3 quart of ammonia sulfate and 1/3 Ironite. Covers 180 square feet per 1 quart. We also started our cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower and spinach inside. I used peat pellets, because these plants will be transplanted outside fairly soon. Starting these plants inside gives you a great jump start. As soon as the garden dries out we will form our rows and plant the rest of the early garden. Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are alive!

Hopefully, you all know we are alive just because we don't take time to blog. Most of you are receiving our letter to Ross and Ross's letters, so you know what it going on with us. We had a great, intense trip to Zions to hike the subway. It didn't feel like a big deal the day we hiked, but I had serious repercussions for 3 days after wards. I was thankful when all the lactic acid was out of my thighs. The harvesting and canning is done! We filled every bottle in our house this year. We probably only have one more time to mow lawns, so I am feeling a ton of relief these days. My big project now is trying to get my Grandpa Ewing's life history into a book with pictures. Grandpa remains positive and upbeat despite the intrusive kidney cancer. Jacob just finished a season of cross country running and Jeff is right there beside him running with him daily. Tanner is finishing up his last Webelos activity pin. Then he will come into my 11 year old patrol. Life is good and the Garners are happy.

Subway tirp September 20-21 2009

This trip was a blast with repelling, hiking, and swimming through freezing cold water. It took us about 9 hours and was 10 miles long.